Whether you need to cool your home during a summer heatwave or heat your home during the freezing winter months, a well-functioning HVAC system is important
If your furnace won’t turn on, you might be in a little bit of a panic trying to make sure that you and your family can get access to the heat that you need to be comfortable in your home. Furnaces can refuse to respond for a variety of reasons and some of them can be diagnosed by you as the homeowner. While not every problem that might lead to your furnace refusing to turn on can be resolved without the help of a mechanic, you should see if you have troubleshooting some of the easier solutions on your own before you call someone.
If you are ready to learn more about what to do if your furnace won’t turn on, read on!
1. Check circuit breakers to be sure that a fuse has not blown. This is a more common issue than you might think and even if your wiring is set up correctly, sometimes overloads can happen that can blow a fuse and cause your furnace to refuse to turn on.
2. Make sure that your thermostat is not malfunctioning. You might find that the reason that your furnace is not turning on is because of the thermostat failing. You can easily replace the thermostat yourself if you are handy and this might solve all your problems.
3. Check the air filter to be sure that it is not clogged. If the furnace cannot draw in air, it will turn off to be sure that it does not get damaged. Sometimes all your need to do is change out the filter to get things up and running again.
4. Check that the pilot light is on. Most furnaces will not turn on if it has gone out. This is a safety feature that is meant to prevent gas from getting into your home when the unit is not burning the gas like it should.
5. Check on natural gas or oil supply as this can be the reason that your furnace cannot turn on. You will need to reach out to the gas company in most cases to handle this kind of issue if this is the reason that your furnace is not turning on.
Checking on these simple items can help you diagnose what is wrong with your furnace before you have to call in a repair person.
|Calgary Furnace Repair
|Drain Cleaning Services
|Calgary Furnace Services
|Hot Water Tank Calgary