Selecting the Proper Plumber Brings Well-Being, Ease and ReliefJuly 14, 2016
Hot Water Tank Repair | Hot Water Tank CalgaryJuly 27, 2016
Thoroughly Research the Background of a Plumber Before Hiring
Tips for Hiring When You Aren't in a Hurry
If you aren't in a hurry, you can take these additional steps that will increase your chances of having a satisfactory plumbing experience.
- Apply all three Emergency Hiring Tips to generate a list of potential Calgary plumbers to investigate.
- Get multiple quotes. Get a minimum of three quotes and preferably five or six quotes. Be wary of plumbers who charge much less than others and those that charge a lot more. Low-priced plumbers may not do quality work or, if working on an hourly rate, make up the difference by taking longer to do the work. High-priced plumbers may or may not have a reason for charging more.
- Get a quote before work begins. Experienced plumbers know what it takes to fix your problem and should be able to give you a flat rate up front. If necessary, get a quote for diagnosing the problem and another estimate to fix it once the diagnosis is complete.
- Look for neat appearances and good communication. Calgary Plumbers who are sloppy about their appearance, their equipment or the way they communicate with you are likely to be sloppy about their work and the way they treat your home. A sloppy plumber can do more harm than good in the long run.
- Check with the Better Business Bureau. Once you've narrowed your choices to two or three plumbers, check their records with the BBB. While a clean record is not a guarantee they are good plumbers, you don't want to hire a plumber with a long list of complaints.