Emergency Plumbing Services Can’t Wait – And You Won’t Have To If You Live Near CalgaryOctober 21, 2018
Basement Remodeling CalgaryNovember 6, 2018
TANKLESS WATER HEATER:HOME ASSESSMENT AND INSTALLATION
Mr. Mike’s Plumbing of Calgary offers tankless water heater assessment and installation.
WHY YOU SHOULD PURCHASE A TANKLESS WATER HEATER
The tankless water heater is the best choice today. It saves space, money and insures a continual supply of hot water to the home. But before purchasing one, you need a professional assessment of your home’s hot water needs, You must decide which model(s) will best meet your hot water requirements and where to install it. In some case you and your plumber may decide your home’s hot water demand will best be met by more than one tankless heater. And you may want to install a small point of use heater, which will insure instantaneous delivery of hot water to the tap.
WHAT IS A TANKLESS WATER HEATER
If you haven’t seen a tankless water heater yet, it is a small device that can attach to the wall or sit in a closet. Water flows into the device from the main, and is instantaneously heated as it flows through the inner heat exchange piping. Potable hot water suitable for drinking or bathing leaves from the outflow tube. Because heating is instantaneous, there is no requirement for storage at all. The tankless heater completely does away with the need for bulky hot water tanks that generally sit in the basement!
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF A TANKLESS WATER HEATER?
- Save space – The handy tankless water heater affixes to the wall and does away with bulky tanks.
- Save energy – You only heat up water when you need it. The savings on the energy bill can range from 8% – more than 50%
- You never run out of hot water – The tankless heater continually makes hot water on demand, so there is always a flow of hot water.
- Increased life for your heater Continual heating of water in tank heaters leads to mineral deposits on the side of the tank and corrosion. This won’t occur in the tankless heaters.
WHAT IS THE DISADVANTAGE OF A TANKLESS WATER HEATER?
- The only disadvantage is that when the hot water demand is greater than the capacity of the unit you are using, the tankless heater will produce a weaker stream of hot water. However, this problem can be avoided if you have our plumber make an assessment of your home’s hot water needs before you purchase a unit. He will help you select a model(s) with specifications that meet all your hot water requirements
HOW MANY TANKLESS WATER HEATERS DO I NEED FOR MY HOME?
- Your plumber will help you determine the maximum number of gpm(gallons per minute) of hot water you will be using in the home.
- Then he will determine the difference between 115 degrees , (ideal domestic hot water temperature), and the temperature of your input tap water during the coldest months of the year.
- Then you and he will review the specifications of the unit you wish to purchase. Find out how many degrees it will raise the water even at maximum flow rate.
- The maximum GPMs of hot water your home may require times the temperature the water must be raised on the coldest day of the year is compared to the tankless heater’s specifications. Your plumber will then tell you which models are adequate for your needs.
- If needed, more than one tankless water heater can be installed, each serving a different area of the home. In that case, your plumber will help you select suitable for each part of the house.